Through the Looking Glass

"I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Lewis Carol


Lewis Carroll's strange story of 'Alice through the looking glass' is about one seemingly normal everyday girl who enters a strange world which turns out to be anything other than normal.

The idea that on the other side of the looking glass is another world is somewhat terrifying; and had Alice not had the courage to step through she would never have defeated the whole House of Cards! Curiosity got the better of Alice and she was willing to 'chance' everything, take the risk and face whatever came her way. Bizarre Caterpillars, grinning cats, weird walruses, the infamous Jabberwocky and of course the 'Evil Red Queen!'




Alice discovered she was stronger than she thought and that changed everything, especially the way she saw herself. The girl who went through the looking glass at the beginning of the story was not the same girl who returned. She was a 19th century superhero!


When you look in the mirror today, what will you see? Most of us see things we don't like. 'I'm too fat', 'I'm too thin', 'I'm ugly', 'I've got a big nose', 'My teeth are crooked', 'I'm spotty' and my favourite: 'Does my bum look big in this?'

Today's challenge for us all, is to look into the looking glass and be brave enough to see past the image of ourselves and find the courage to face our problems and defeat our own personal 'Red Queen'.








Comments

Popular Posts