Troubled minds...

Why can't I look like that?

You know that feeling you get when you see an advert for a makeup product or shampoo, and the model is really pretty; and you just think, "Why don't I look like that? I want to have perfect skin and hair, I want to be thin?" There is not one girl that won't think this at least once a day. It's a big problem because it destroys our self esteem and positive body image. It's difficult to avoid the media's image of the perfect body image, as it is plastered everywhere in magazines, on billboards, and there are programs such as 'Next Top Model' which can be, I feel, very irritating. 


The pressure to look perfect is a major issue, it's a heavy weight on my shoulders, and its pushing my confidence to the ground. It's sad to know that a lot of girls breakdown and start to hate themselves because they don't fit into the standards of the beauty world. 

We need to realize that you don't have to look like the people do in magazines and the media. Looking good is, you could say, a bonus. It's being beautiful on the inside that counts! What is the point in being beautiful on the outside if your attitude stinks and you're selfish on the inside? None at all. A person with a great personality and kind nature should be treasured. 

Looks don't last but the heart lasts till the end...


Comments

Popular Posts